Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon January 28, 2013
Haslam to Give State of the State Tonight
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is preparing to deliver his annual budget proposal to Tennessee lawmakers on Monday evening.
Haslam's third State of the State address is also expected to outline the Republican governor's legislative priorities for the year, including details about his proposal to introduce a school voucher program. Haslam has yet to announce whether he wants Tennessee to participate in the expansion of Medicaid under the new federal health care law. Under that plan, the federal government would pay 100 percent of cost increases in the first three years and 90 percent thereafter.