Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
- Western Kentucky Short on Primary Care Physicians, Training Programs
Mon January 28, 2013
Haslam to Give State of the State Tonight
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is preparing to deliver his annual budget proposal to Tennessee lawmakers on Monday evening.
Haslam's third State of the State address is also expected to outline the Republican governor's legislative priorities for the year, including details about his proposal to introduce a school voucher program. Haslam has yet to announce whether he wants Tennessee to participate in the expansion of Medicaid under the new federal health care law. Under that plan, the federal government would pay 100 percent of cost increases in the first three years and 90 percent thereafter.