Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri September 6, 2013
Haslam Announces TN Governor's Fellowship Program
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has created a fellowship program for college graduates. The Tennessee Governor's Management Fellowship is for applicants who want to learn under state government's top leaders. Applicants must have graduated from an undergraduate institution or graduate program between December 2011 and August 2014. Officials say they must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, a passion for serving their communities and outstanding character and leadership abilities.
An executive committee will select five fellows, who will spend two years working full-time for senior and top-ranking government officials. After spending six months on statewide projects, fellows will be assigned to one of state government's 22 departments. They will then serve directly under the commissioner of that department.