Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon December 31, 2012
Harwell Wants to Cap Filed Bills
Tennessee House Speaker Beth Harwell’s announcement that she wants to impose a cap on how many bills are filed each year has lobbyists scrambling. Under Harwell’s proposal each lawmaker would be limited to 10 bills each session. That’s an average of about two bills a piece for the more than 500 lobbyists registered at the state Capitol.
Tennessee Lobbyists Association’s Mark Greene says his colleagues quickly moved to lock up lawmakers with a reputation for successfully shepherding bills through the legislative process. Harwell's proposal would have to be approved by a special committee she will appoint when the session begins.