Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri April 9, 2010
Hamos named Healthcare Director
By Rebecca Feldhaus/AP
Chicago, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has named veteran state Representative Julie Hamos as the new director of the Department of Healthcare and Family Services. She will replace Barry Maram, who is resigning as director April 15. Quinn made the announcement today, praising Hamos' commitment to health care. She says now that Congress has passed a health care bill, her goal is to make Illinois a health care showcase for the nation. The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services administers the state's Medicaid program. She has been a state representative since 1999.