Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 9, 2010
Hamos named Healthcare Director
By Rebecca Feldhaus/AP
Chicago, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has named veteran state Representative Julie Hamos as the new director of the Department of Healthcare and Family Services. She will replace Barry Maram, who is resigning as director April 15. Quinn made the announcement today, praising Hamos' commitment to health care. She says now that Congress has passed a health care bill, her goal is to make Illinois a health care showcase for the nation. The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services administers the state's Medicaid program. She has been a state representative since 1999.