Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 1, 2009
Hamilton Could Have Bond Revoked
By Angela Hatton
Earlington, KY – An Earlington man accused of murder in September may have his bond revoked. Earlington Mayor Mike Seiber posted the 20,000 dollar cash bond for 33-year-old John Hamilton, who he describes as a lifelong friend. The Madisonville Messenger reports Hamilton was rearrested November 23 and charged with shoplifting a rifle scope from Walmart. Commonwealth's Attorney David Massamore plans to file a motion that the court forfeit Hamilton's bond in light of the arrest. Hamilton is set to appear in Hopkins County Circuit Court December 7. He's charged with hitting and killing 18-year-old Julie Wooten with his car.