Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 15, 2009
Hamilton Back in Jail
By Chris Taylor
Earlington, KY – John Hamilton is back in jail after a judge granted a motion to withdraw a bond originally posted for his release. 33-year-old Hamilton was indicted in connection to the DUI hit and run death of 18-year-old Julia Wooten of Madisonville in September. Earlington Mayor Mike Seiber posted $20,000 in October to release Hamilton, a longtime friend. Hamilton was again arrested last month for allegedly shoplifting a rifle scope from Wal-Mart. He was jailed briefly before posting a $500 bond. The Commonwealth Attorney's Office claimed the subsequent arrest breached a condition of the original bond. The Madisonville Messenger reports Hamilton's attorney has requested the shoplifting case against his client be expedited.