Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue December 15, 2009
Hamilton Back in Jail
By Chris Taylor
Earlington, KY – John Hamilton is back in jail after a judge granted a motion to withdraw a bond originally posted for his release. 33-year-old Hamilton was indicted in connection to the DUI hit and run death of 18-year-old Julia Wooten of Madisonville in September. Earlington Mayor Mike Seiber posted $20,000 in October to release Hamilton, a longtime friend. Hamilton was again arrested last month for allegedly shoplifting a rifle scope from Wal-Mart. He was jailed briefly before posting a $500 bond. The Commonwealth Attorney's Office claimed the subsequent arrest breached a condition of the original bond. The Madisonville Messenger reports Hamilton's attorney has requested the shoplifting case against his client be expedited.