Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue March 4, 2014
Hal Heiner Announces GOP Bid for 2015 Kentucky Governor Race
Kentucky’s first candidate into the 2015 race for governor launched his campaign Tuesday. Former Louisville Metro Council member Hal Heiner is seeking the republican nomination.
At a kickoff event in Lexington, Heiner told a group of supporters states like Tennessee and Indiana are moving ahead of Kentucky in educational objectives. He believes economic growth in eastern Kentucky must include a traditional source.
“I do support coal and support it strongly," said Heiner. "Actually coal is the reason, it gives us one of our main advantages in this state of low cost power that attracts manufacturers and businesses to this state. It would be painful for a lot of Kentuckians if we lost that advantage.”
Heiner recruited former Lexington-Fayette Council member K.C. Crosby as his running mate. The newly announced campaign also had scheduled stops in Louisville and Hazard.
2015 Governors Race