Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue March 4, 2014
Hal Heiner Announces GOP Bid for 2015 Kentucky Governor Race
Kentucky’s first candidate into the 2015 race for governor launched his campaign Tuesday. Former Louisville Metro Council member Hal Heiner is seeking the republican nomination.
At a kickoff event in Lexington, Heiner told a group of supporters states like Tennessee and Indiana are moving ahead of Kentucky in educational objectives. He believes economic growth in eastern Kentucky must include a traditional source.
“I do support coal and support it strongly," said Heiner. "Actually coal is the reason, it gives us one of our main advantages in this state of low cost power that attracts manufacturers and businesses to this state. It would be painful for a lot of Kentuckians if we lost that advantage.”
Heiner recruited former Lexington-Fayette Council member K.C. Crosby as his running mate. The newly announced campaign also had scheduled stops in Louisville and Hazard.
2015 Governors Race