Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon October 12, 2009
Gunshot Wounds 10-Year-Old
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – A 10-year-old boy was hospitalized in serious condition after a shooting Saturday morning in western McCracken County. Kyler Mathis and two other children had been target shooting with a .22 caliber rifle in the backyard of Mathis' grandmother's house when the rifle apparently discharged accidentally.
The Paducah Sun reports Mathis was struck in the forehead. He was treated by the West McCracken Fire Department and ambulance workers and taken to Western Baptist Hospital. McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden says the shooting appears accidental. The investigation is ongoing.