Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon October 12, 2009
Gunshot Wounds 10-Year-Old
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – A 10-year-old boy was hospitalized in serious condition after a shooting Saturday morning in western McCracken County. Kyler Mathis and two other children had been target shooting with a .22 caliber rifle in the backyard of Mathis' grandmother's house when the rifle apparently discharged accidentally.
The Paducah Sun reports Mathis was struck in the forehead. He was treated by the West McCracken Fire Department and ambulance workers and taken to Western Baptist Hospital. McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden says the shooting appears accidental. The investigation is ongoing.