Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon October 12, 2009
Gunshot Wounds 10-Year-Old
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – A 10-year-old boy was hospitalized in serious condition after a shooting Saturday morning in western McCracken County. Kyler Mathis and two other children had been target shooting with a .22 caliber rifle in the backyard of Mathis' grandmother's house when the rifle apparently discharged accidentally.
The Paducah Sun reports Mathis was struck in the forehead. He was treated by the West McCracken Fire Department and ambulance workers and taken to Western Baptist Hospital. McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden says the shooting appears accidental. The investigation is ongoing.