Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed August 7, 2013
Groups To Protest Gas Pipeline At KY Capitol
Land owners and environmentalists are gathering in Frankfort to protest a proposed pipeline that would carry flammable liquids through several counties in northern Kentucky. A partnership of two energy companies announced a plan earlier this year to build the underground pipeline. The Bluegrass Pipeline would carry natural gas liquids from sources in the northeast to a connection in Breckinridge County.
Environmental groups, including Kentuckians for the Commonwealth, are planning to take a petition to Governor Steve Beshear's office this afternoon. In a statement, the groups say they are concerned the pipeline project will use eminent domain laws to cut a pathway through privately owned lands. Several landowners have voiced opposition to the project, and local governments in Franklin, Scott and Marion counties have passed resolutions opposing the pipeline.