Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon April 5, 2010
Group to Rebuild Haiti Church
Madisonville, KY – A church group from Madisonville is traveling to Haiti to rebuild a church destroyed in an earthquake that devastated the country's capital, Port-Au-Prince. The group affiliated with Life Christian Center in Madisonville is leaving this morning and returning April 11.
Life Christian Youth Pastor Jon Kincaide went to the Caribbean country in November before the earthquake to build a roof on an elementary school. The group will be rebuilding the block walls on a church and adding a new roof. Two officers with the Madisonville Police Department are also making the trip with the church.