Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon April 5, 2010
Group to Rebuild Haiti Church
Madisonville, KY – A church group from Madisonville is traveling to Haiti to rebuild a church destroyed in an earthquake that devastated the country's capital, Port-Au-Prince. The group affiliated with Life Christian Center in Madisonville is leaving this morning and returning April 11.
Life Christian Youth Pastor Jon Kincaide went to the Caribbean country in November before the earthquake to build a roof on an elementary school. The group will be rebuilding the block walls on a church and adding a new roof. Two officers with the Madisonville Police Department are also making the trip with the church.