Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon April 5, 2010
Group to Rebuild Haiti Church
Madisonville, KY – A church group from Madisonville is traveling to Haiti to rebuild a church destroyed in an earthquake that devastated the country's capital, Port-Au-Prince. The group affiliated with Life Christian Center in Madisonville is leaving this morning and returning April 11.
Life Christian Youth Pastor Jon Kincaide went to the Caribbean country in November before the earthquake to build a roof on an elementary school. The group will be rebuilding the block walls on a church and adding a new roof. Two officers with the Madisonville Police Department are also making the trip with the church.