Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon April 5, 2010
Group to Rebuild Haiti Church
Madisonville, KY – A church group from Madisonville is traveling to Haiti to rebuild a church destroyed in an earthquake that devastated the country's capital, Port-Au-Prince. The group affiliated with Life Christian Center in Madisonville is leaving this morning and returning April 11.
Life Christian Youth Pastor Jon Kincaide went to the Caribbean country in November before the earthquake to build a roof on an elementary school. The group will be rebuilding the block walls on a church and adding a new roof. Two officers with the Madisonville Police Department are also making the trip with the church.