Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon April 5, 2010
Group to Rebuild Haiti Church
Madisonville, KY – A church group from Madisonville is traveling to Haiti to rebuild a church destroyed in an earthquake that devastated the country's capital, Port-Au-Prince. The group affiliated with Life Christian Center in Madisonville is leaving this morning and returning April 11.
Life Christian Youth Pastor Jon Kincaide went to the Caribbean country in November before the earthquake to build a roof on an elementary school. The group will be rebuilding the block walls on a church and adding a new roof. Two officers with the Madisonville Police Department are also making the trip with the church.