Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed September 4, 2013
Grimes Repeats Call For Higher Minimum Wage
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is pushing the idea of raising the minimum wage in order to grow the middle class. The candidate for U.S. Senate distributed a news release yesterday touting what she believes would be the positive effects of increasing the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour.
Citing a Kentucky Center for Economic Policy report, Grimes says raising the minimum wage would affect nearly 30% of working Kentuckians. Grimes is currently the front-runner in the race against Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell after next year's election.