Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed September 4, 2013
Grimes Repeats Call For Higher Minimum Wage
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is pushing the idea of raising the minimum wage in order to grow the middle class. The candidate for U.S. Senate distributed a news release yesterday touting what she believes would be the positive effects of increasing the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour.
Citing a Kentucky Center for Economic Policy report, Grimes says raising the minimum wage would affect nearly 30% of working Kentuckians. Grimes is currently the front-runner in the race against Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell after next year's election.