Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed September 4, 2013
Grimes Repeats Call For Higher Minimum Wage
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is pushing the idea of raising the minimum wage in order to grow the middle class. The candidate for U.S. Senate distributed a news release yesterday touting what she believes would be the positive effects of increasing the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour.
Citing a Kentucky Center for Economic Policy report, Grimes says raising the minimum wage would affect nearly 30% of working Kentuckians. Grimes is currently the front-runner in the race against Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell after next year's election.