Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon November 25, 2013
Grimes Releases Policy Statement On Minimum Wage
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is calling for additional tax breaks for businesses that provide on-site child care to help working women.
Grimes also called for pay equity for women and for an increase in the minimum wage, an issue that directly affects more women than men.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner heading into next May's Senatorial primary in Kentucky.
Grimes rolled out the policy statement just days after Republicans tweeted a photo-shopped image of her face superimposed on a woman wearing a snug-fitting "Obama Girl" T-shirt.
She labeled that a sexist attack.