Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon November 25, 2013
Grimes Releases Policy Statement On Minimum Wage
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is calling for additional tax breaks for businesses that provide on-site child care to help working women.
Grimes also called for pay equity for women and for an increase in the minimum wage, an issue that directly affects more women than men.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner heading into next May's Senatorial primary in Kentucky.
Grimes rolled out the policy statement just days after Republicans tweeted a photo-shopped image of her face superimposed on a woman wearing a snug-fitting "Obama Girl" T-shirt.
She labeled that a sexist attack.