Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Mon November 25, 2013
Grimes Releases Policy Statement On Minimum Wage
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is calling for additional tax breaks for businesses that provide on-site child care to help working women.
Grimes also called for pay equity for women and for an increase in the minimum wage, an issue that directly affects more women than men.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner heading into next May's Senatorial primary in Kentucky.
Grimes rolled out the policy statement just days after Republicans tweeted a photo-shopped image of her face superimposed on a woman wearing a snug-fitting "Obama Girl" T-shirt.
She labeled that a sexist attack.