Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon November 25, 2013
Grimes Releases Policy Statement On Minimum Wage
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is calling for additional tax breaks for businesses that provide on-site child care to help working women.
Grimes also called for pay equity for women and for an increase in the minimum wage, an issue that directly affects more women than men.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner heading into next May's Senatorial primary in Kentucky.
Grimes rolled out the policy statement just days after Republicans tweeted a photo-shopped image of her face superimposed on a woman wearing a snug-fitting "Obama Girl" T-shirt.
She labeled that a sexist attack.