Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon November 25, 2013
Grimes Releases Policy Statement On Minimum Wage
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is calling for additional tax breaks for businesses that provide on-site child care to help working women.
Grimes also called for pay equity for women and for an increase in the minimum wage, an issue that directly affects more women than men.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner heading into next May's Senatorial primary in Kentucky.
Grimes rolled out the policy statement just days after Republicans tweeted a photo-shopped image of her face superimposed on a woman wearing a snug-fitting "Obama Girl" T-shirt.
She labeled that a sexist attack.