Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue October 30, 2012
Grimes to Give Voter Turnout Prediction
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes has scheduled a news conference for this morning to make her prediction about voter turnout in the November 6th election. Grimes says early absentee voting is on par with the 2008 presidential election when about 64 percent of Kentucky's 3 million voters turned out.
Absentee voting is one of the chief indicators of interest in any given election and therefore an indicator of what turnout might be on November 6th. As of last week, more than 50,000 voters had cast absentee ballots or were in the process of doing so. Besides the presidential race, Kentucky has congressional races, state legislative races across the state and several local races on the ballot.