Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed August 28, 2013
Grimes Gets KY Firefighters Endorsement
The Kentucky Professional Firefighters Association has endorsed Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes for U.S. Senate. The Democratic front-runner received the endorsement yesterday. She is seeking to replace Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, who is running for a sixth term.
The group's president, Joe Baer, says his members are getting behind Grimes because they believe she has their best interest in mind, as well as the best interest of the people who depend on them. Grimes faces Owensboro contractor Ed Marksberry, University of Louisville professor Greg Leichty and Louisville music promoter Bennie Smith in next year's Democratic primary. McConnell faces Louisville businessman Matt Bevin in the Republican primary.