Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu October 31, 2013
Grimes Fights To Save Paradise Fossil Plant
Democrat Alison Grimes has joined Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in urging the Tennessee Valley Authority to keep a coal-fired generating plant operating in western Kentucky.
Grimes says the Paradise Fossil Plant at Drakesboro could be brought into compliance with federal standards, while closure would have a devastating economic impact.
McConnell met with TVA President William Johnson last week to seek continued operation of the generating plant.
TVA said in a statement last week that officials are "evaluating all options."