Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu October 31, 2013
Grimes Fights To Save Paradise Fossil Plant
Democrat Alison Grimes has joined Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in urging the Tennessee Valley Authority to keep a coal-fired generating plant operating in western Kentucky.
Grimes says the Paradise Fossil Plant at Drakesboro could be brought into compliance with federal standards, while closure would have a devastating economic impact.
McConnell met with TVA President William Johnson last week to seek continued operation of the generating plant.
TVA said in a statement last week that officials are "evaluating all options."