Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu October 31, 2013
Grimes Fights To Save Paradise Fossil Plant
Democrat Alison Grimes has joined Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in urging the Tennessee Valley Authority to keep a coal-fired generating plant operating in western Kentucky.
Grimes says the Paradise Fossil Plant at Drakesboro could be brought into compliance with federal standards, while closure would have a devastating economic impact.
McConnell met with TVA President William Johnson last week to seek continued operation of the generating plant.
TVA said in a statement last week that officials are "evaluating all options."