Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu October 31, 2013
Grimes Fights To Save Paradise Fossil Plant
Democrat Alison Grimes has joined Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in urging the Tennessee Valley Authority to keep a coal-fired generating plant operating in western Kentucky.
Grimes says the Paradise Fossil Plant at Drakesboro could be brought into compliance with federal standards, while closure would have a devastating economic impact.
McConnell met with TVA President William Johnson last week to seek continued operation of the generating plant.
TVA said in a statement last week that officials are "evaluating all options."