Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu October 31, 2013
Grimes Fights To Save Paradise Fossil Plant
Democrat Alison Grimes has joined Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in urging the Tennessee Valley Authority to keep a coal-fired generating plant operating in western Kentucky.
Grimes says the Paradise Fossil Plant at Drakesboro could be brought into compliance with federal standards, while closure would have a devastating economic impact.
McConnell met with TVA President William Johnson last week to seek continued operation of the generating plant.
TVA said in a statement last week that officials are "evaluating all options."