Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri January 17, 2014
Grimes Blasts Feds On Coal
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes says if she's elected to the U.S. Senate, she'll call on President Barack Obama to "do the right thing" and develop an energy plan that includes coal.
Grimes blasted federal regulations she says have inflicted pain in Kentucky's coalfields. Grimes was in eastern Kentucky last night to unveil her jobs plan for Kentucky.
It includes raising the minimum wage, boosting job training, making child care more affordable and expanding Internet access to rural areas.
She took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, saying he has cast votes that hindered job growth.
McConnell's campaign said the Republican senator is fighting liberal Democrats waging a "war on coal."