Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri January 17, 2014
Grimes Blasts Feds On Coal
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes says if she's elected to the U.S. Senate, she'll call on President Barack Obama to "do the right thing" and develop an energy plan that includes coal.
Grimes blasted federal regulations she says have inflicted pain in Kentucky's coalfields. Grimes was in eastern Kentucky last night to unveil her jobs plan for Kentucky.
It includes raising the minimum wage, boosting job training, making child care more affordable and expanding Internet access to rural areas.
She took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, saying he has cast votes that hindered job growth.
McConnell's campaign said the Republican senator is fighting liberal Democrats waging a "war on coal."