Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri January 17, 2014
Grimes Blasts Feds On Coal
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes says if she's elected to the U.S. Senate, she'll call on President Barack Obama to "do the right thing" and develop an energy plan that includes coal.
Grimes blasted federal regulations she says have inflicted pain in Kentucky's coalfields. Grimes was in eastern Kentucky last night to unveil her jobs plan for Kentucky.
It includes raising the minimum wage, boosting job training, making child care more affordable and expanding Internet access to rural areas.
She took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, saying he has cast votes that hindered job growth.
McConnell's campaign said the Republican senator is fighting liberal Democrats waging a "war on coal."