Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Fri January 17, 2014
Grimes Blasts Feds On Coal
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes says if she's elected to the U.S. Senate, she'll call on President Barack Obama to "do the right thing" and develop an energy plan that includes coal.
Grimes blasted federal regulations she says have inflicted pain in Kentucky's coalfields. Grimes was in eastern Kentucky last night to unveil her jobs plan for Kentucky.
It includes raising the minimum wage, boosting job training, making child care more affordable and expanding Internet access to rural areas.
She took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, saying he has cast votes that hindered job growth.
McConnell's campaign said the Republican senator is fighting liberal Democrats waging a "war on coal."