Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed September 16, 2009
Greenway Trail Grows
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Park officials say the next phase of Paducah's Greenway Trail Project will begin soon. Paducah Parks Director Mark Thompson says work on phase two of the trail starts in November, and should be done in four months. The Paducah Sun Reports the 1.5 mile walking path will run from the Paducah Expo Center to the Brookport Bridge. Phase one, which connects Noble and Stuart Nelson parks, is complete. The final leg of the project will connect the two trail sections. Thompson says that will happen sometime in 2010. Federal stimulus dollars fund the project.