Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu April 30, 2009
Grayson Forms Exploratory Committee
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson is looking at a possible run for U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning's seat. Grayson, who has insisted that he has no plans to run unless Bunning decides to retire, released a statement today (Thursday) saying he had formed an exploratory committee. The move allows him to raise and spend campaign money. In the statement, Grayson says he still has no plans to oppose Bunning. The exploratory committee allows him to lay the foundation for a campaign. Bunning is widely seen as the most vulnerable Republican in the Senate, and some GOP leaders have been sending not-so-subtle messages that he should retire rather than face what is expected to be a strong Democratic challenge. Two major Democrats, Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo and Attorney General Jack Conway, already have entered the race.