Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Summer Feeding Program
Thu April 19, 2012
Graves County Summer Feeding Program Expanding
Graves County School’s summer feeding program is adding another location this year. Symsonia Elementary will join Central Elementary School in providing free meals to area children. The program has started to fill the gap in student’s diets when school is not in session. Food Services director Leah Holland-Mills says it’s been very successful in the past.
“In past summers the program has serviced anywhere between 2500 to 3500 students or children under the age of 18 per month.”
Holland-Mills says the schools will provide breakfast and lunch to anyone under the age of 18 who wishes to participate, including non-residents. She also says as summer gets closer, more locations are likely to join the two schools in providing meals.