Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon April 29, 2013
Graves County Names New School Superintendent
The Graves County Board of Education named Kim Harrison as the new superintendent, effective July 1.
Harrison has served as the Graves County assistant superintendent for the past four years and as elementary instructional supervisor for the past eight years. Before that she was the principal at Wingo Elementary School. Harrison has worked in education in Graves County for 13 years.
Current superintendent Pete Galloway is retiring after four decades in education in the district and five years as superintendent.
School board chairman Ronnie Holmes says a wide range of quality candidates applied, but the board chose Harrison because of her experience as an administrator in Graves County.