Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon January 11, 2010
Grants Working for Low-Income Homes
By Angela Hatton
Dawson Springs, KY – Renovations are underway on Hopkins County homes that received Community Development Block Grants. The Pennyrile Area Development District received the two million dollars in grant funds last year to the homes of low-income residents in Dawson Springs and Morton's Gap. Housing Coordinator Suzanne Arnold says work is underway on six homes in Morton's Gap and bids are out on locations in Dawson Springs. Arnold says the work should be finished within a year.