Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 11, 2010
Grants Working for Low-Income Homes
By Angela Hatton
Dawson Springs, KY – Renovations are underway on Hopkins County homes that received Community Development Block Grants. The Pennyrile Area Development District received the two million dollars in grant funds last year to the homes of low-income residents in Dawson Springs and Morton's Gap. Housing Coordinator Suzanne Arnold says work is underway on six homes in Morton's Gap and bids are out on locations in Dawson Springs. Arnold says the work should be finished within a year.