Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon November 12, 2012
Grants Will Help Pay for Kentucky Recreational Trail Development
About 20 local governments and other agencies will share more than $1.1 million in grants to develop and maintain recreational trails across Kentucky. The money will also help pay for the acquisition of easements and for trailhead facilities for motorized and non-motorized use.
Examples of trail uses include hiking, cycling, inline skating, equestrian use, off-road motorcycling and all-terrain vehicle riding. Governor Steve Beshear says recreational trails help spur economic development, increase property values and aid in land conservation. The Recreational Trail Program is funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration.