Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon July 15, 2013
Grants awarded to 5 Ky. law enforcement agencies
Five Kentucky law enforcement agencies, including two in our region, will share nearly $33,000 worth of grants to provide essential equipment for law enforcement officers.. The grants are being awarded through the state Law Enforcement Protection Program and administered by the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security. The money can be used to acquire body armor, weapons, ammunition and Tasers.
The cities of Bardwell, Irvington and Pippa Passes, along with the Crittenden County and Pike County fiscal courts will receive funds.