Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon July 15, 2013
Grants awarded to 5 Ky. law enforcement agencies
Five Kentucky law enforcement agencies, including two in our region, will share nearly $33,000 worth of grants to provide essential equipment for law enforcement officers.. The grants are being awarded through the state Law Enforcement Protection Program and administered by the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security. The money can be used to acquire body armor, weapons, ammunition and Tasers.
The cities of Bardwell, Irvington and Pippa Passes, along with the Crittenden County and Pike County fiscal courts will receive funds.