Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon July 15, 2013
Grants awarded to 5 Ky. law enforcement agencies
Five Kentucky law enforcement agencies, including two in our region, will share nearly $33,000 worth of grants to provide essential equipment for law enforcement officers.. The grants are being awarded through the state Law Enforcement Protection Program and administered by the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security. The money can be used to acquire body armor, weapons, ammunition and Tasers.
The cities of Bardwell, Irvington and Pippa Passes, along with the Crittenden County and Pike County fiscal courts will receive funds.