Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
Fri December 7, 2012
Grand Jury Indicts Zay Jackson
A Calloway County grand jury has handed down two felony indictments against Murray State basketball player Zaveral “Zay” Jackson. The Paducah Sun reports the jury charged Jackson Thursday with one count of second-degree assault and one count of wanton endangerment. His pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Dec. 11. Jackson is accused of hitting Jason and Alia Clement of Paducah with his car in Murray’s Wal-Mart parking lot. When details of the Sept. 10 incident surfaced, Jackson was suspended from the basketball team.
Jackson took his case to the grand jury after withdrawing a plea on two charges of first-degree wanton endangerment on Nov. 21. Jackson was originally charged with two counts of second-degree assault.