Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri December 7, 2012
Grand Jury Indicts Zay Jackson
A Calloway County grand jury has handed down two felony indictments against Murray State basketball player Zaveral “Zay” Jackson. The Paducah Sun reports the jury charged Jackson Thursday with one count of second-degree assault and one count of wanton endangerment. His pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Dec. 11. Jackson is accused of hitting Jason and Alia Clement of Paducah with his car in Murray’s Wal-Mart parking lot. When details of the Sept. 10 incident surfaced, Jackson was suspended from the basketball team.
Jackson took his case to the grand jury after withdrawing a plea on two charges of first-degree wanton endangerment on Nov. 21. Jackson was originally charged with two counts of second-degree assault.