Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri December 7, 2012
Grand Jury Indicts Zay Jackson
A Calloway County grand jury has handed down two felony indictments against Murray State basketball player Zaveral “Zay” Jackson. The Paducah Sun reports the jury charged Jackson Thursday with one count of second-degree assault and one count of wanton endangerment. His pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Dec. 11. Jackson is accused of hitting Jason and Alia Clement of Paducah with his car in Murray’s Wal-Mart parking lot. When details of the Sept. 10 incident surfaced, Jackson was suspended from the basketball team.
Jackson took his case to the grand jury after withdrawing a plea on two charges of first-degree wanton endangerment on Nov. 21. Jackson was originally charged with two counts of second-degree assault.