Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu October 24, 2013
Govs. Beshear And Haslam To Lead NGA Committees
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam will both serve as chairmen of committees with the National Governors Association.
Beshear will head the committee on education and the workforce. His committee deals with educational issues at all levels, plus issues relating to training workers for the labor force. He will serve a one-year term and says the issues his committee deals with are constant priorities for all governors.
Haslam will lead the Health and Human Services Committee.
The association's next annual meeting will be in Nashville next year. The N-G-A represents all of the nation's governors in matters of federal policy.
Government Shutdown 2013