Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 24, 2013
Govs. Beshear And Haslam To Lead NGA Committees
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam will both serve as chairmen of committees with the National Governors Association.
Beshear will head the committee on education and the workforce. His committee deals with educational issues at all levels, plus issues relating to training workers for the labor force. He will serve a one-year term and says the issues his committee deals with are constant priorities for all governors.
Haslam will lead the Health and Human Services Committee.
The association's next annual meeting will be in Nashville next year. The N-G-A represents all of the nation's governors in matters of federal policy.
Government Shutdown 2013