Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu October 24, 2013
Govs. Beshear And Haslam To Lead NGA Committees
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam will both serve as chairmen of committees with the National Governors Association.
Beshear will head the committee on education and the workforce. His committee deals with educational issues at all levels, plus issues relating to training workers for the labor force. He will serve a one-year term and says the issues his committee deals with are constant priorities for all governors.
Haslam will lead the Health and Human Services Committee.
The association's next annual meeting will be in Nashville next year. The N-G-A represents all of the nation's governors in matters of federal policy.
Government Shutdown 2013