Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri July 13, 2012
Governor Quinn Heading to Southern Illinois to Discuss Drought Response
The entire state of Illinois is now officially in a drought, and Governor Pat Quinn plans to visit the southern end of the state Monday to discuss the plans for responding to dry conditions.
Officials at the National Drought Mitigation Center say far southern Illinois has received the most serious drought classification. State Climatologist Jim Angel says Illinois needs several good rains to turn things around. Yesterday Governor Quinn urged Illinoisans to pray for rain. And a Quinn spokeswoman says the governor's office is working on a variety of plans to provide relief to farmers and Illinois communities.