Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu April 25, 2013
Governor Haslam Signs Tennessee Voter ID Law
A measure that allows any photo identification issued by the state of Tennessee or United States to be used for voting has been signed by the governor.
The Senate version of the legislation at one time would have allowed student ID cards issued by public universities to be used, but the House stripped out that provision and the Senate later agreed with it. The legislation also eliminates library cards as suitable voter ID.
The city of Memphis and two residents sued the state last year after election officials refused to accept a city-issued library card with a photo as voter identification.
2013 TN General Assembly