Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Mon November 25, 2013
Gov. Beshear Taking Part in Thanksgiving Program
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and First Lady Jane Beshear will help distribute food for Thanksgiving meals to the needy in Lexington today.
The Sharing Thanksgiving program provides ingredients for a traditional meal, including turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, dressing and a dessert.
They're participating in the Sharing Thanksgiving initiative at Lexington's Broadway Christian Church.
The initiative provided the makings for about 4,500 holiday meals to Fayette County families last year. The goal is to top that total this year.
Rules of the program require that recipients live in Fayette County.