Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue May 7, 2013
Gov. Announces Progress Toward Replacing Lakes Bridges
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet crews are taking the first step toward replacing the Eggners Ferry Bridge by clearing brush ahead of constructing a secondary bridge to span a lagoon adjacent to Kentucky Lake.
Gov. Steve Beshear says construction of the lagoon bridge is “giant step” toward replacing the 81-year-old existing structure and building new bridges over the lakes. Jim Smith Construction, LLC., has a 420-day contract to complete the $24 million project.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Spokesman Keith Todd says work on the lagoon bridge will move the department closer to pier construction of the larger bridge that carries US 68/KY 80 over the lakes to Land Between the Lakes.