Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue July 16, 2013
GOP's Dillard officially enters IL governor's race
Illinois Republican state Senator Kirk Dillard has launched his 2014 campaign to become that state’s governor. Dillard lost the 2010 GOP primary to state Senator Bill Brady Dillard but says he's learned lessons since then. He's billing himself as a good candidate because he's a suburban Chicago politician with downstate votes.
Dillard trails other Republican candidates in fundraising, including venture capitalist Bruce Rauner. But Dillard says he'll be able to raise what he needs and is announcing his bid this time with more money than 2010.