Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue July 16, 2013
GOP's Dillard officially enters IL governor's race
Illinois Republican state Senator Kirk Dillard has launched his 2014 campaign to become that state’s governor. Dillard lost the 2010 GOP primary to state Senator Bill Brady Dillard but says he's learned lessons since then. He's billing himself as a good candidate because he's a suburban Chicago politician with downstate votes.
Dillard trails other Republican candidates in fundraising, including venture capitalist Bruce Rauner. But Dillard says he'll be able to raise what he needs and is announcing his bid this time with more money than 2010.