Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- Paducah Receives $400k Grant for New Park
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
Wed June 27, 2012
Good Read: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Though he may not speak of them, the memories still dwell inside Jacob Jankowski’s ninety-something-year-old mind. Memories of himself as a young man, tossed by fate onto a rickety train that was home to the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. Memories of a world filled with freaks and clowns, with wonder and pain and anger and passion; a world with its own narrow, irrational rules, its own way of life, and its own way of death. The world of the circus: to Jacob it was both salvation and a living hell.
Katie Villanueva says:
Water for Elephants!! Yeah, it’s that exciting. I read this and was amazed about the mysterious lives of circus folk. This is an amazing book about love and about one guy standing up for what he believes is right and wrong. A coming of age tale that could be described as a true baptism through fire. The movie was announced to be coming to theaters shortly after i finished reading the book, and you can bet I will be first in line to see it. This book is for animal lovers, men, and women alike. Read it. See it.
Buy this book on Amazon
(Your purchase supports WKMS!)