Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed June 27, 2012
Good Read: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Though he may not speak of them, the memories still dwell inside Jacob Jankowski’s ninety-something-year-old mind. Memories of himself as a young man, tossed by fate onto a rickety train that was home to the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. Memories of a world filled with freaks and clowns, with wonder and pain and anger and passion; a world with its own narrow, irrational rules, its own way of life, and its own way of death. The world of the circus: to Jacob it was both salvation and a living hell.
Katie Villanueva says:
Water for Elephants!! Yeah, it’s that exciting. I read this and was amazed about the mysterious lives of circus folk. This is an amazing book about love and about one guy standing up for what he believes is right and wrong. A coming of age tale that could be described as a true baptism through fire. The movie was announced to be coming to theaters shortly after i finished reading the book, and you can bet I will be first in line to see it. This book is for animal lovers, men, and women alike. Read it. See it.
Buy this book on Amazon
(Your purchase supports WKMS!)