Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri June 22, 2012
Good Read: Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris
(Your purchase supports WKMS!)
No one knows us quite the same way as the men and women who sit beside us in department meetings and crowd the office refrigerator with their labeled yogurts. Every office is a family of sorts, and the ad agency Joshua Ferris brilliantly depicts in his debut novel is family at its strangest and best, coping with a business downturn in the time-honored way: through gossip, pranks, and increasingly frequent coffee breaks. With a demon’s eye for the details that make life worth noticing, Joshua Ferris tells a true and funny story about survival in life’s strangest environment–the one we pretend is normal five days a week.
Angela Hatton says:
“If you’ve ever seen the television sitcoms The Office or Parks and Rec, you already have an idea of what this book is like. Ferris takes readers through the absurdity of office life, including the saga of the office chair and the burning cubicle gossip, ‘does the boss have cancer or doesn’t she?’ This book has both character and heart.”