Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri June 15, 2012
Good Read: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
(Your purchase supports WKMS!)
This beautifully written, heartfelt memoir touched a nerve among both readers and reviewers. Elizabeth Gilbert tells how she made the difficult choice to leave behind all the trappings of modern American success and find, instead, what she truly wanted from life. Setting out for a year to study three different aspects of her nature amid three different cultures, Gilbert explored the art of pleasure in Italy and the art of devotion in India, and then a balance between the two on the Indonesian island of Bali. By turns rapturous and rueful, this wise and funny author is poised to garner yet more adoring fans.
“After viewing a trailer for this summer’s production of Eat, Pray, Love; I was intrigued. A few friends had read the book and highly recommended it, but I wasn’t sold. I’m glad something convinced me. I found myself sitting for hours reading and arising refreshed. The lessons are not earth-shattering, but definitely worth some consideration. I read the book and loved it. In my opinion, it’s a book best read during transition times in life. Happy eating, praying, loving, reading.” – Rebecca Feldhaus