Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri June 15, 2012
Good Read: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
(Your purchase supports WKMS!)
This beautifully written, heartfelt memoir touched a nerve among both readers and reviewers. Elizabeth Gilbert tells how she made the difficult choice to leave behind all the trappings of modern American success and find, instead, what she truly wanted from life. Setting out for a year to study three different aspects of her nature amid three different cultures, Gilbert explored the art of pleasure in Italy and the art of devotion in India, and then a balance between the two on the Indonesian island of Bali. By turns rapturous and rueful, this wise and funny author is poised to garner yet more adoring fans.
“After viewing a trailer for this summer’s production of Eat, Pray, Love; I was intrigued. A few friends had read the book and highly recommended it, but I wasn’t sold. I’m glad something convinced me. I found myself sitting for hours reading and arising refreshed. The lessons are not earth-shattering, but definitely worth some consideration. I read the book and loved it. In my opinion, it’s a book best read during transition times in life. Happy eating, praying, loving, reading.” – Rebecca Feldhaus