Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu April 23, 2009
GM Summer Shutdown
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – Western Kentucky General Motors employees will feel the pinch this summer as the company plans to temporarily close 13 assembly plants in the U.S. and Mexico. GM officials say the closures are an effort to control growing inventory due to slumping sales. GM North America President Troy Clarke addressed the media this afternoon in a conference call.
"Our goal is to reduce inventory levels from the 767,000 units that we have in the field today to approximately 525,000 by the end of July."
At the Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green, workers will be off the job for a total of three weeks in July.