Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri October 18, 2013
'Glee' To End Next Season
Originally published on Fri October 18, 2013 11:23 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Most of the time, Fox's hit show "Glee" offers a sunny vision of high school. It's a musical, after all.
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
But last week's episode hit a somber note.
(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, "GLEE")
'GLEE' CAST MEMBERS: (Singing) 525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear...
MONTAGNE: The characters paid tribute to Finn Hudson, who was played by the late actor Corey Monteith. He died of a drug overdose in July.
GREENE: The episode gave fans a chance to grieve; 7.4 million viewers tuned in, a huge spike from the previous week. Despite the ratings surge, though, "Glee's" creators have announced next season will be the last.
MONTAGNE: So the big closing number for the show's finale might be "Hello Goodbye"?
GREENE: Or I'd say "Don't Stop Believing." What do you think? Send us your thoughts on Twitter, #NPRGlee.
MONTAGNE: And you can follow us on Twitter @MorningEdition, @MontagneNPR, @NPRGreene and @NPRInskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.