Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 8, 2009
Gentry House Denied Grant
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – A Murray homeless shelter is among several regional charitable agencies not receiving emergency shelter grants this year. Gentry House which serves families in Calloway County did not qualify for the grant offered through the Kentucky Housing Corporation. Despite receiving the grant in the past, KHC officials say Gentry House and at least three other organizations failed to meet criteria, but they aren't saying why. 47 groups, not including Fayette and Jefferson counties, qualified for money this year.