Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu December 13, 2012
GED to Undergo Drastic Changes in 2014
The GED is set to undergo drastic changes in 2014. Most pressing is that the cost of taking the exam will double from $60 to $120 beginning in January. ACE2 Adult Education Direct Cris Crowley tells The Madisonville Messenger although Madisonville Community College currently covers $40 of the fee he’s concerned since more than 90 percent of adult education students in Hopkins County are at or below the poverty level.
The test will also be administered on computers instead of with pencil and paper. Crowley says that’s yet another hurdle for many adult education students.