Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu December 13, 2012
GED to Undergo Drastic Changes in 2014
The GED is set to undergo drastic changes in 2014. Most pressing is that the cost of taking the exam will double from $60 to $120 beginning in January. ACE2 Adult Education Direct Cris Crowley tells The Madisonville Messenger although Madisonville Community College currently covers $40 of the fee he’s concerned since more than 90 percent of adult education students in Hopkins County are at or below the poverty level.
The test will also be administered on computers instead of with pencil and paper. Crowley says that’s yet another hurdle for many adult education students.