Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed January 21, 2009
Gambling with KY's Financial Future
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – With as many as 30,000 problem gamblers in Kentucky, and fewer than a dozen professionals statewide certified to treat them, Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo's proposed gambling bill raises more questions than just how much revenue can be gained. Jacque Day talks with an economist and a licensed gambling counselor, to weigh the pros and cons of expanding gambling in the commonwealth.