Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri August 10, 2012
“A Futile Armada” at Yeiser Art Center
Paducah’s Yeiser Art Center opens a solo exhibition of Southern Indiana artist Rob Millard-Mendez later this month. Much of the sculpture in his show harkens back to his youth onboard his father’s fishing boat in Massachusetts. Millard-Mendez blends a wry sense of humor with an unusual amount of depth in his work. Drew Adams speaks with Mendez about his work and sense of humor.
The opening reception for Rob Millard Mendez’s “A Futile Armada” is Saturday August 18th at Paducah’s Yeiser Art Center.