Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri August 10, 2012
“A Futile Armada” at Yeiser Art Center
Paducah’s Yeiser Art Center opens a solo exhibition of Southern Indiana artist Rob Millard-Mendez later this month. Much of the sculpture in his show harkens back to his youth onboard his father’s fishing boat in Massachusetts. Millard-Mendez blends a wry sense of humor with an unusual amount of depth in his work. Drew Adams speaks with Mendez about his work and sense of humor.
The opening reception for Rob Millard Mendez’s “A Futile Armada” is Saturday August 18th at Paducah’s Yeiser Art Center.