Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Sun September 16, 2012
Fulton's Banana Festival 50 Years Later
It’s been 50 years since Fulton, Kentucky hosted the first banana festival. This year festival organizers are preparing for what they hope will bring thousands of visitors, and boost morale in a town that's faced some economic hardships recently. Fulton's Ferry Morse Seed Company laid off than 100 employees earlier this year. Festival organizer Christie Rogers speaks with Chad Lampe about the festival which runs from Sept 22nd to Sept 29th. Learn more at the banana festival's website.