Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Sun September 16, 2012
Fulton's Banana Festival 50 Years Later
It’s been 50 years since Fulton, Kentucky hosted the first banana festival. This year festival organizers are preparing for what they hope will bring thousands of visitors, and boost morale in a town that's faced some economic hardships recently. Fulton's Ferry Morse Seed Company laid off than 100 employees earlier this year. Festival organizer Christie Rogers speaks with Chad Lampe about the festival which runs from Sept 22nd to Sept 29th. Learn more at the banana festival's website.