Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Sun September 16, 2012
Fulton's Banana Festival 50 Years Later
It’s been 50 years since Fulton, Kentucky hosted the first banana festival. This year festival organizers are preparing for what they hope will bring thousands of visitors, and boost morale in a town that's faced some economic hardships recently. Fulton's Ferry Morse Seed Company laid off than 100 employees earlier this year. Festival organizer Christie Rogers speaks with Chad Lampe about the festival which runs from Sept 22nd to Sept 29th. Learn more at the banana festival's website.