Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed January 8, 2014
Ft. Campbell Unit To Case Colors Before Deployment
A Fort Campbell-based battalion is set to case its colors before deploying to Afghanistan later this year.
The 2nd Battalion, 44th Air Defense Artillery Regiment will conduct the ceremony January 10.
The unit colors are a flag that represents the unit on the battlefield, and casing it symbolizes the unit is prepared for movement.
Once in Afghanistan, the battalion will provide protection for coalition forces across Afghanistan against the threat of indirect fire.
The "Strike Fear" battalion deployed to Afghanistan in 2013, when its members worked to protect Forward Operating Base Shank in the Logar province of eastern Afghanistan, in the north of the city of Gardez.