Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 8, 2014
Ft. Campbell Unit To Case Colors Before Deployment
A Fort Campbell-based battalion is set to case its colors before deploying to Afghanistan later this year.
The 2nd Battalion, 44th Air Defense Artillery Regiment will conduct the ceremony January 10.
The unit colors are a flag that represents the unit on the battlefield, and casing it symbolizes the unit is prepared for movement.
Once in Afghanistan, the battalion will provide protection for coalition forces across Afghanistan against the threat of indirect fire.
The "Strike Fear" battalion deployed to Afghanistan in 2013, when its members worked to protect Forward Operating Base Shank in the Logar province of eastern Afghanistan, in the north of the city of Gardez.