Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu September 3, 2009
Ft. Campbell: Low Cost of Living
By Chris Taylor
Fort Campbell, KY – A recent Army Times study on how soldiers spend their money, says wages made by personnel at Fort Campbell stretches further than at most other military installations. Fort Campbell has one of the lowest costs of living, about 21% below the national average. However, the Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports it's not the lowest. At Fort Riley, Kansas, the cost of living is about 4% lower.