Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Front Page AM
Fri April 20, 2012
Front Page AM 4/20/12
Almost four months after the Delta Mariner crashed into the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge over Kentucky Lake, hearings are underway in Paducah to determine how it happened and how to keep it from happening again. We’ll look at what’s emerged in the hearings so far, this morning on Front Page A.M. from WKMS News.
(1.) EGGNERS FERRY HEARINGS DAY 4 -- Coast Guard and NTSB officials are in their final day of hearings on the ship accident that collapsed a 300 foot section of the Eggners Ferry Bridge. WKMS has covered every minute of the hearings. Chad Lampe speaks with WKMS's Casey Northcutt about what happened yesterday including how a captain's suggestion, if followed, could have prevented the entire accident.
(2.) SISTER SPARROW ON LOVETT LIVE -- Sister Sparrow and The Dirty Birds play Murray State's Lovett Live Onstage Concert Series Tuesday, April 24 at 7:30 in Lovett Auditorium. Beyond The Edge host Tracy Ross and Lovett Live host Matt Parker recently spoke with lead singer Arleigh Kincheloe about growing up in the Catskills Mountains, creating music with nine musicians, and the band's very generous fanbase.