Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Front Page Episodes
Fri February 24, 2012
Front Page AM 2/24/12
College sports can be big money makers for universities. Perennial power houses receive millions of dollars in profits each year from their programs. Hear how a mid-major with a Cinderella season like Murray State might come out at the end of their run. On Front Page A.M. from WKMS News.
(1) RANDY DUNN – The University of Louisville, according to the U.S. Department of Education, earned a 16 million dollar profit for it’s basketball team in 2009-2010 season. That’s a significant difference for smaller mid-major schools like Murray State. But, MSU is in the middle of an historic Cinderella Story season. We hear more about potential revenue from this season from MSU President Dr. Randy Dunn.
I’m Chad Lampe and you’ve been listening to Front Page A.M. Join Todd Hatton this evening at 6:30 for Front Page P.M. Tonight, Kentucky Public Radio Capitol Reporter Kenny Colston gives us a week in review of the happenings in Frankfort, and we meet someone who’s work to feed the hungry is just as therapeutic as philanthropic. If you’d like to hear this morning’s or any of our stories again, you can find them anytime at WKMS dot org. You can also join us Sunday morning at 9 for the hour-long Front Page Sunday. Thanks for being with us.