Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue May 21, 2013
Freedom to Fish Act Passes House
Both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate have passed legislation to prevent the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers from installing barriers in the tailwaters of Cumberland River dams.
The House passed the measure unanimously Tuesday.
Members of Kentucky's delegation have championed the Freedom to Fish Act because they say the tourism income associated with tailwater fishing outweighs the associated danger. The measure places a two-year moratorium on the Corps' plan to restrict fishing access.
The bill now goes to President Obama for his action.