Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue May 21, 2013
Freedom to Fish Act Passes House
Both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate have passed legislation to prevent the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers from installing barriers in the tailwaters of Cumberland River dams.
The House passed the measure unanimously Tuesday.
Members of Kentucky's delegation have championed the Freedom to Fish Act because they say the tourism income associated with tailwater fishing outweighs the associated danger. The measure places a two-year moratorium on the Corps' plan to restrict fishing access.
The bill now goes to President Obama for his action.