Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 3, 2009
Four Teams Go to State
By Angela Hatton
Bowling Green, KY – High school football in Western Kentucky could get the glory this weekend. A surprising four teams are competing in this year's state championships in Bowling Green. Lone Oak, Paducah Tilghman, Mayfield, and Fort Campbell high schools will play for separate championships in their divisions. Mayfield High School head football coach Joe Morris says the championships give teams a rare opportunity to root for each other.
"Paducah Tilghman's one of our biggest rivals, been going on a long time around here. Y'know we've got a lot of respect for their program. But, y'know, Saturday afternoon they play at 11 o'clock and we play at 3 o'clock and we're going to be pulling for those guys and we're going to be pulling for Lone Oak Friday morning."
Morris says Mayfield has been to state fourteen times before. They've won seven and lost seven, and Morris hopes this time will tip the balance in their favor. Games are tomorrow and Saturday. See details about the game by clicking here.