Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu December 3, 2009
Four Teams Go to State
By Angela Hatton
Bowling Green, KY – High school football in Western Kentucky could get the glory this weekend. A surprising four teams are competing in this year's state championships in Bowling Green. Lone Oak, Paducah Tilghman, Mayfield, and Fort Campbell high schools will play for separate championships in their divisions. Mayfield High School head football coach Joe Morris says the championships give teams a rare opportunity to root for each other.
"Paducah Tilghman's one of our biggest rivals, been going on a long time around here. Y'know we've got a lot of respect for their program. But, y'know, Saturday afternoon they play at 11 o'clock and we play at 3 o'clock and we're going to be pulling for those guys and we're going to be pulling for Lone Oak Friday morning."
Morris says Mayfield has been to state fourteen times before. They've won seven and lost seven, and Morris hopes this time will tip the balance in their favor. Games are tomorrow and Saturday. See details about the game by clicking here.