Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed August 15, 2012
Fountain Avenue Commercial Construction Financial Assistance Program
The Paducah City Commission last night introduced an ordinance creating a commercial construction financial assistance program aimed at improving the city’s Fountain Avenue Neighborhood. The program provides incentives to property owners spending a minimum of $100,000 constructing new commercial buildings. Property owners can receive a five-year, forgivable loan for as much as $20,000. However, the commission limits the program’s total budget to only $40,000. Paducah Planning Director Steve Ervin says helping initial private commercial investments will generate more confidence in future commercial development in the Fountain Avenue Neighborhood. The commission plans to vote on the ordinance August 28.