Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue May 14, 2013
Foundation Gives UT Martin $100,000 For Rodeo
The University of Tennessee at Martin rodeo program has received a $100,000 donation to fund scholarships for the state's only college rodeo. A charity founded by former Allegro Fine Foods chairman Dave Wilcox has pledged $20,000 a year in scholarships for the next five years. Wilcox was a fixture on the local rodeo scene until his death in 2011. The Betsy Ross Foundation, the charity he named in honor of his late wife, is donating the money. The donation is the largest gift to rodeo in UT Martin's history.