Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue May 14, 2013
Foundation Gives UT Martin $100,000 For Rodeo
The University of Tennessee at Martin rodeo program has received a $100,000 donation to fund scholarships for the state's only college rodeo. A charity founded by former Allegro Fine Foods chairman Dave Wilcox has pledged $20,000 a year in scholarships for the next five years. Wilcox was a fixture on the local rodeo scene until his death in 2011. The Betsy Ross Foundation, the charity he named in honor of his late wife, is donating the money. The donation is the largest gift to rodeo in UT Martin's history.