Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon February 11, 2013
Fort Campbell Unit Completes Afghan Deployment
The last return flight for soldiers from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division arrived at Fort Campbell this weekend. The brigade’s return marked the end of a 9-month deployment to Afghanistan.
About 65 troops from the 1st Squadron, 75th Cavalry Regiment, landed at the post on the Tennessee-Kentucky line Saturday night. The brigade was deployed as advisory teams in eastern Afghanistan that helped to transition combat operations to the Afghan army and police. The returning troops were nearly all senior leaders, and most had been through multiple deployments.