Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm "Cleon" Approaches the Region
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon February 11, 2013
Fort Campbell Unit Completes Afghan Deployment
The last return flight for soldiers from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division arrived at Fort Campbell this weekend. The brigade’s return marked the end of a 9-month deployment to Afghanistan.
About 65 troops from the 1st Squadron, 75th Cavalry Regiment, landed at the post on the Tennessee-Kentucky line Saturday night. The brigade was deployed as advisory teams in eastern Afghanistan that helped to transition combat operations to the Afghan army and police. The returning troops were nearly all senior leaders, and most had been through multiple deployments.