Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon February 11, 2013
Fort Campbell Unit Completes Afghan Deployment
The last return flight for soldiers from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division arrived at Fort Campbell this weekend. The brigade’s return marked the end of a 9-month deployment to Afghanistan.
About 65 troops from the 1st Squadron, 75th Cavalry Regiment, landed at the post on the Tennessee-Kentucky line Saturday night. The brigade was deployed as advisory teams in eastern Afghanistan that helped to transition combat operations to the Afghan army and police. The returning troops were nearly all senior leaders, and most had been through multiple deployments.