Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed May 27, 2009
Fort Campbell Suicide Rates
By Carrie Pond
Ft. Campbell, KY – A Fort Campbell commander says the installation has the highest number of suicides among soldiers in the Army. The post began a 3-day stand down today to refocus efforts on suicide prevention in the wake of 11 confirmed suicides this year. More deaths are being investigated. Brigadier General Stephen Townsend says from January to March, the installation was averaging one suicide per week. The post took part in an Army-wide prevention campaign in March, but commanders at Fort Campbell felt additional training was needed.