Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed May 27, 2009
Fort Campbell Suicide Rates
By Carrie Pond
Ft. Campbell, KY – A Fort Campbell commander says the installation has the highest number of suicides among soldiers in the Army. The post began a 3-day stand down today to refocus efforts on suicide prevention in the wake of 11 confirmed suicides this year. More deaths are being investigated. Brigadier General Stephen Townsend says from January to March, the installation was averaging one suicide per week. The post took part in an Army-wide prevention campaign in March, but commanders at Fort Campbell felt additional training was needed.